A 22-year-old bass guitarist who is in a band with two of his friends, one of which is an ex who is extremely salty, has to win over the heart of the new girl in town, with a less than normal past love life. She comes with some serious baggage, but love can get a person to do some crazy things.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World will forever be one of my favorite movies. Here are 5 reasons why I believe everyone should see it at least one. (Warning: probably considered spoilers below.)
- It is set in the cold streets of Toronto Canada. Who doesn’t love Canada?
- Its comedy style is both refreshing and ridiculous. The comedy at times can be so ridiculous that even the most serious person will catch the giggles.
- Scott has to fight Ramona’s 7 evil exes in order to be her boyfriend. The concept of this movie is so bizarre but somehow gets the viewer to get drawn into the insanity of it all. The seven evil exes consist of 6 boys and 1 girl.
- Vegans have superpowers and when you get punched too hard, you burst into coins.
- Michael Cera’s portrayal of Scott Pilgrim is fantastic and he really highlights the awkward but lovable aspects of his character.
Image Source, DreamPunk